12.13.2011

Christmas 2010 - Angels & Nativities

Here are a few more pictures of my Christmas decorations from last year. Thank you all for the kind comments before and I hope you enjoy these as well.


This is my 2010 Nativity. I try to find a new nativity every year. It's part of a set that has additional pieces to it of three wise men and also another piece with an angel and lamb. It stays out all year but was moved to the mantle after the holidays. Still looking for one for this year.



I call this my Hope nativity. It also sits on the mantle all year and I love how the word 'Hope' is part of the piece because more than anything Hope is what the birth of Jesus represents. Hope. I love it.



This a little Halmark Ornament set I found years ago but I don't think I've ever put it on a tree. It's so tiny and so cute that I keep it on a little tiled plant table near the clock. I like having little treasures around that you only see if you look closely.



I've had this glass nativity for years. I found it in a dollar store if you can believe it. It sits on a lamp table tucked in a corner year round. I put a red card behind it so it showed up for the picture but the only time anyone really sees it is if they turn on the lamp on that table. It really sparkles under the light.


My mother gave me this angel shortly after I cut my hair years ago. She said it reminded her of me with the tiny afro and the round face. :)



This little red angel swings from the glass lamp shade of an antique brass lamp stand. The lamp uplights a picture of me and my sons taken when they were little. The Joy ornament hangs underneath the picture year round.


I call this my Baby Jesus Angel. You might not be able to see it, but the angel is hold a little Baby Jesus in her arms. She sits at the top of the tree. After Christmas she sits in the center of my bookcase headboard in my bedroom.



I have about six differnt sets of angel ornaments for my tree. This is a male angel which you don't see many of at Christmas and he's singing. I found him quite by accident in a corner at WalMart no less. I picked up him and a few of his brother angels like the praying one below. There's also a male angel in yellow playing a harp but I don't have a picture of him.


That's a few of my collection of angels and nativities. I hope you enjoyed seeing them.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE all your nativities and the idea of getting a new one each year...I may have to borrow that idea! :) Good luck finding one for this year. I found one at church a few weeks ago, hand carved from Haiti, it was absolutely beautiful...however, they broke down the table and left before I could get back to it...have searched all over online and cannot find it! Shucks!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved nativities because that's the reason for the season, so to speak. I find them all over. My favorite one, my large delicate porcelain one I didn't put out last year because of the reunion. I found that one unexpectedly at Sam's Club. The first one in the post was the last one at Hobby Lobby one year. The little crystal one was from the Dollar Store! Please feel free to borrow this idea! I would love to see what you find! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually don't have a nativity set, so it will be on our list for next year. So nice to see all the different and beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your nativity collection! I LOVE your hope nativity! I saw that one for the first time at a church nativity display and fell in love with it. I have tried finding it for myself but I don't know who made it. Do you remember where you purchased it or does it have any markings showing who made it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! Your visit to Renaissance Women means so much. I appreciate and do my best to acknowledge each and every comment. Please enjoy your visit, come back soon and consider following us via bloglovin' or email.

God Bless and Have a Great Day!

Cassandra from Renaissance Women